Here is the link to the original recipe: Stuffed Acorn Squash
And here is a guide on buying acorn squash. I got mine at the market here but I know Kroger has them sometimes How to buy acorn squash
- Earlier in the afternoon, soak dried beans in cold water. Let soak for at least 3 hours then dispose of water and rinse beans again.
- While oven is preheating for squash, cook quinoa on the stove according to package instructions and use another burner on your stove to start simmering your beans (I cover mine with an inch of water, then once it gets to a boil I let it boil for 2 minutes, then turn it down to low heat and let it simmer for about 45 minutes or until they're soft)
- Hopefully by the time you're done cooking the squash the first time and chopping up all your vegetables, and cleaning any prep dishes you can, the beans and quinoa will be ready and you can continue to follow your recipe
- I had extra "stuffing" so I put it in a Tupperware and took it to work the next day for lunch :)
- I didn't have any toasted hazelnuts so I just sprinkled some crushed up almonds on the top. It was still delicious
- I served mine with steamed asparagus but any kind of green veggie or side salad would be great with it.
"Stuffing" cooking on the stove:
Delicious Squash after Roasting: