Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sweet and Sour Chicken

I have been a bad blogger :/
I have been out of town for the past three weeks and now that I'm back in Savannah, I'm doing an internship and classes which have kept me busy. However here is a delicious recipe that I made for my mother when she came in town a couple weeks ago. It's healthy because it's baked instead of fried and it was pretty simple and doesn't require a ton of ingredients even for the sauce! I got the recipe from this site (Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken) and I didn't tweak it but I do have a few hints for you and some pictures!
Hints
  • Don't go too heavy on the cornstarch when dipping. and do dip cornstarch then eggs but shake off excess egg
  • Like the recipe says, DON'T cook the chicken all the way in the pan, look at my picture if you need help with when to take it out of the pan
  • Don't forget to turn your chicken every 15 minutes so that it cooks evenly
Enjoy!

Assembly line: chicken, cornstarch, eggs
Chicken in pan
chicken just out of oven :)
Served with rice and salad with balsamic dressing! YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment