I love peaches so living in Georgia is awesome during peach season...which is now, so I'm about to post a couple of my favorite peach recipes; although my favorite way to eat them is plain. Peach cider is amazing too (I like drinking it with champagne (bellini much?) or with Bacardi Razz rum. However, this peach crisp is delicious. It's gluten and dairy-free too!
- 6 peaches
- 1 tbsp gluten free flour mix
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinammon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 crumbled gluten/dairy free sugar cookies- not chewy (Enjoy Life or Lucy's are great)
- 1/2 C of rolled oats
- 3 tbsp gluten free flour
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp of dairy free spread (Earth Balance) or butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel and thinly slice peaches. The easiest way to peel peaches is by putting them in a pot of boiling water then plunging them in ice water after a minute. The skins should just rub off.
- Mix all crisp topping ingredients in a bowl then use a pastry knife to cut butter into the mix. If you don't have a pastry knife (I don't) use two knives to cut butter in bowl alternating directions until it's in tiny clumps. For an example see this youtube video. You're welcome.
- Mix all peach filling ingredients together in a separate bowl. Pour into a small baking dish (I used a square 9x9)
- Cook peaches in over for 10 minutes, remove, and pour crisp topping on top covering completely. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until brown.
- ENJOY! I served mine with coconut vanilla ice cream. Store leftovers in fridge :) Enjoy again!