Saturday, October 26, 2013

Crock pot Potato Soup (gf/df)

I love crock pot stuff. It's so easy. Pile it all in, turn it on and leave it, come home from work to dinner. And it's cheaper than going out. Here's a fall recipe- potato soup. This makes a lot of potato soup because I like to freeze the leftovers for crazy nights that way even though we only have enough time to microwave something its still something homemade :)

Ingredients:
  • 8-10 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 7-8 celery ribs, chopped
  • 1 large onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
  • 2 cups chopped and peeled carrots 
  • 8 cups chicken stock (Or broth I'm not picky)
  • 1 tablespoon salt (I make my own chicken stock so I use a little more salt, if your broth has salt in it you may want to reduce this)
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper
  • 1 tsp garlic powder.
  • 1/4 cups flour (I used gluten-free )
  • 1 1/2 cups almond milk 
Steps:
  1.  In a crockpot, combine potatoes, celery, onion, and carrots. Cover with chicken broth and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.   
  2.  Set on low 8-10 hours, or high 5 hours.  
  3. Once finished cooking, combine milk and flour in a small bowl until fully combined and pour into soup. Mix gently and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes longer on low.
  4. I like my potato soup less chunky (and I don't do a very good job chopping my veggies) so I take half of the soup out and put it in a blender and blend it for a couple seconds. then I use a potato masher or fork to slightly mash what's left in the crock pot then add back in what I put in the blender. Quick way to make "creamier" soup.  

No comments:

Post a Comment