This recipe is easier than it seems (or maybe it just seemed complicated to me because there was a dip involved and I was thinking "ain't nobody got time for that!" but then I did...) and it turned out so good! Like always, I modified the recipe a little bit which is the one listed below! We ate these with dinner but they'd be a really good snack or party appetizer too! This recipe serves 3 people as a side dish.
*if you don't have one of these its not the end of the world you should still make your dip, it'll still be really good, I promise
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1/3 cup of sour cream (I used vegan sour cream)
- 1/3 cup of mayo (I used light mayo)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 sprinkles of salt (yes this is my new measuring system for spices haha)
- 2 sprinkles of pepper
- teeny-tiny sprinkle of cayenne pepper (if you want them a little spicy)
- sprinkle of cumin*
- sprinkle of chili powder*
- sprinkle of garlic powder*
- sprinkle of onion powder*
- Sprinkle of paprika*
|potato slices pre-roasting|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash and scrub potatoes
- Slice potatoes into 1/4" slices (don't get anal about this, noone really cares that much)
- Put slices in a bowl, drizzle olive oil on top then add salt and pepper and cayenne pepper
- Mix it all together with your (well-washed) hands making sure each slice is coated in oil
- Lay slices on a roasting pan (I had to use two pans and covered them in foil for easy cleanup) making sure slices don't overlap (this is really important if you don't want them soggy)
- Roast for 15 minutes then turn pan around in oven and roast for 10 more minutes (no need to flip slices)
- Some slices might get burned and some slices will be perfect, that's life but I like the burned ones, if you don't have a person in your house who likes the burned things, you should get one ASAP it makes you feel better about burning thing.
- Combine sour cream, mayo, cumin, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder, mix well and store in fridge until potato slices are done.