The boy and I went apple picking a couple weekends ago and since then I have been making apple everything (lots of the recipes will be on this site). Apple cake, apple muffins, apple sauce, apple butter. Here is the easiest, tastiest homemade applesauce I've made and I've tried out three different ones.
|apples in crockpot|
- 3-5 apples, cut up (about 1 inch chunks or larger if you plan on blending the applesauce). Peel the apples if you don't plan on blending because the peels can be a weird texture. If you blend the applesauce after cooking the peels won't be an issues.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons of agave or honey (if you want it sweetened)
- Place all ingredients in crockpot
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours (if you cook it on high add 1/2 cup water)
- Put in blender and blend or just leave it if you like chunkier apple sauce