Monday, May 14, 2012

Sour Cream Chicken

I'm a big fan of chicken breasts in case you didn't notice. Chicken is tasty, easy and you can easily cook it for one. However I used to hate chicken because I always seemed to be eating really dry chicken. Lately I've been baking my chicken cause I've found I have more luck keeping it moist that way. So here's a great EASY quick recipe for baked chicken with sour cream and breadcrumbs. If I did it again I'd sprinkle on a little more seasoning or maybe use Italian dressing instead of simply seasoning. I also made rice and served it with that. Because I have an obsession with balsamic vinegar I sprinkled some balsamic on the rice and the chicken once it was cooked and like it but then again, I'd probably eat dirt if it had balsamic vinegar on it.



Also most of this recipe came from loveintheoven.com and was only slightly modified by yours truly.

 Ingredients:
  • chicken breasts
  • italian seasoning or italian dressing
  • sour cream
  • bread crumbs (or just toast bread and crumble it)
  • shredded cheese (parmesan is best)
Steps:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Cover a baking sheet with foil. Put chicken breast on it
  3. Sprinkle on italian seasoning, salt and pepper or italian dressing
  4. Cover with sour cream (spread pretty thick)
  5. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top of the sour cream.
  6. Sprinkle cheese on top
  7. Bake for 35-45 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment