Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tomato Bites


These were delicious! I found a similar recipe and then modified it. They kind of taste like pizza but they're more healthy.

Ingredients:
Onion
Dressing (Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, Garlic, Honey)
Shredded Cheese (I chose the 4 cheese Italian mix in the store)
Goat Cheese
Tomatoes

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2.  Cut tomatoes in 1 inch slices, while doing this I sliced and grilled some onions in olive oil on the stove
  3. Top tomatoes with cheese and onions. (I put the cheese, then the onions, then a little more cheese, so that when the cheese melted it would help hold the onions on top of the tomato)
  4. Bake tomato slices on cookie sheet for 8 minutes
  5. Mix together dressing (or you can use store-bought balsamic vinaigrette, but the one my roommates and I make is so good (and cheaper!) and the honey makes it even better) and pour over tomato slices or if you're as cool as us you can steal a sauce dish from Chili's and put it in there for dipping (I think I just broadcasted on the internet that I stole something)


No comments:

Post a Comment