Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Summer Ice Cubes



This is a totally Martha Stewart thing I'll confess but it made me happy so whatever.

We have a fresh mint plant and we never use it for anything so I searched online what to do with fresh mint and these ice cubes came up. I modified it a little but basically...

Ingredients:
Fresh Mint Leaves
Berries (blueberries or raspberries)
Lemon
  1. Boil about 2 cups of water and 8-12 fresh mint leaves on the stove. When the leaves turn dark remove the leaves and set the water aside to cool (This is important!)
  2. Squeeze half of a lemon into 2 cups of water and slice the remaining half into small chunks (mine don't look as pretty as I had hoped)
  3. Pour lemon water into ice cube trays and drop berries or lemon slices into each one.
  4. Use the mint water that is now cool and pour that into the remaining ice cube trays, drop a fresh mint leaf into each one.
  5. Freeze! 
I have used these for everything from alcoholic drinks, to lemonade to water. The lemon ones taste good in water as they melt and the mint ones taste really good in lemonade! Sometimes I also just pull them out of my freezer and look at them then put them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment