Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My adventure at a "raw restaurant"

      So I visited my sister in St. Petersburg this past weekend and she's pretty much a hippy, but she's a real hippy- she cares about the earth, she recycles, she goes to protests, and she is now a vegetarian so in my opinion she has a right to talk about peace all the time, have a few dreads in her hair and wear long flowing skirts.
     Anyways! this is not the point. The point is that she took me to a "raw restaurant" called Leafy Greens. Nothing is cooked, its all vegan and organic and once we got there and I read the sign and realized everything is also gluten-free. Therefore I couldn't imagine what was left to eat other than celery sticks and air. So I was fully prepared to stop at McDonald's after. However! I was very wrong. There is no recipe in this section (sorry) but it's not like it's necessary. They didn't COOK anything so I'm pretty sure you could just figure it out. Anyways it was actually pretty good. I stayed safe and got the Tuscan Pizza (from what I could tell it was some kind of cracker with hummus, marinara sauce, sun-dried tomatoes,grape tomatoes, onions and herbs).


My mom and sister got the "spaghetti" which consisted of zucchini "noodles" in a pesto sauce. I was not a fan. However they had great deserts too! i got chocolate coconut cookies somehow made without dairy or wheat (so i guess almond milk? and who know what else) but we also all got tea and it was really good. I LOVE African Rooibos tea and they had it. I first tried it in South Africa but  you can get it in some places in the states its just not as common. It's caffeine free and it's loaded with antioxidants and it has a really good fruity kind of flavor but not over powering. It's known to help with digestive problems and allergies. The container the tea came in was really cool. When you put it on top of your mug it like engaged some lever that let the tea pour out through a strainer in the bottom. Also notice the water in this picture. Particularly the lemon in it which had a sprig of mint through the center of it. fancy fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment