Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tinfoil Chicken and Vegetables

This recipe sounded like an amazing idea for me. Fast, nutritious (it has vegetables and meat!) and so easy as well as cheap (there are only really 4 ingredients)! I found a recipe, then of course modified it and I like mine better haha.


What you need:
  • Chicken breast
  • 1 cup of greek dressing (or italian- but I like greek)
  • 1 pack of frozen veggies ( I used green giant "healthy heart" veggies but next time I'll probably just use frozen broccoli)
  • 1 Can of diced tomatoes (I didn't have any but it still turned out good)
  • Tinfoil

Steps:
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
  2. Use two sheets of tinfoil (roughly 20" by 12") layered to form packets
  3. Put defrosted chicken breast on tinfoil
  4. Pour 1 cup of dressing over chicken breast
  5. Layer frozen veggies over chicken breast along with 1/4 can of drained diced tomatoes
  6. Bring up short sides of each foil packet and double fold top. Double fold both ends to seal each packet, leaving space for steam to gather.
  7. Cook 30-45 minutes (Keep checking it and cutting to see middle of chicken depending on how you folded it and how much veggies you used etc the chicken could cook slower or faster; mine took a pretty long time to cook) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment